Decorating & Furniture/Wod Flooring and Paint Suggestions

Question
I currently bought a Ranch style home that is open concept situated in Maine with mountain and lake views. I have purchased the kitchen cabinets that are maple with a medium tone. The silestone counter tops will be warm tones with speckles of silver and black to comliment my stainless steel/ black appliances. I am concerned on what color to paint my walls and what type of tones should I use for wood flooring.The bathroom that is adjacent to the kitchen will be in tile. What color tiles and should I have the vanities match the kitchen cabinets? Any suggestions?
Thank you, Anna  

Answer
Anna,

If you prefer warm tones, paint your walls in a warm taupe (Glidden's Toasty Grey is my favorite), or opt for a darker shade like nutmeg or cinnamon.  As for wood flooring, my preference would be to "match" (meaning coordinate) the wood or wood laminate with your cabinetry.  

The bath is a different animal.  You may want to do the same cabinetry due to preference, but you don't have to.  I'd opt for a neutral tile color and by all means a grout that is medium to dark.  Avoid white or off-white grout because of cleaning issues.  Trust me, I learned this one the hard way.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik