Decorating & Furniture/Wod Flooring and Paint Suggestions

I currently bought a Ranch style home that is open concept situated in Maine with mountain and lake views. I have purchased the kitchen cabinets that are maple with a medium tone. The silestone counter tops will be warm tones with speckles of silver and black to comliment my stainless steel/ black appliances. I am concerned on what color to paint my walls and what type of tones should I use for wood flooring.The bathroom that is adjacent to the kitchen will be in tile. What color tiles and should I have the vanities match the kitchen cabinets? Any suggestions?
Thank you, Anna  

If you prefer warm tones, paint your walls in a warm taupe (Glidden's Toasty Grey is my favorite), or opt for a darker shade like nutmeg or cinnamon.  As for wood flooring, my preference would be to "match" (meaning coordinate) the wood or wood laminate with your cabinetry.  

The bath is a different animal.  You may want to do the same cabinetry due to preference, but you don't have to.  I'd opt for a neutral tile color and by all means a grout that is medium to dark.  Avoid white or off-white grout because of cleaning issues.  Trust me, I learned this one the hard way.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology