Decorating & Furniture/Wood Blinds

Question
We recently purchased a cute, 5-year old home with a floor plan, finishings (high ceilings, detailed mouldings, hardwood floors) much like you might find in a historic Charleston row house.  Unfortunately-- the previous owners purchased light brown, 2" wooden blinds for ALL the windows (note: the interior trim is painted white). It would be fabulous if they had selected white blinds instead, so alas, my predicament.  To leave or to replace them?  If we leave them-- the less expensive option-- what colors and/or window treatment choices should you use to make them blend into our (traditional) decor?  Alternatively, is there a tasteful way to color the existing blinds white or should we just fork out the cash for new blinds?  Thanks!

Answer
hi steph,
i'm not sure if this would work because i don't have all details of the blinds BUT i've known folks to take furniture to an automotive painter and have them sprayed to get a nice even coat. you may consider this for your blinds. otherwise i would try my hand at hand painting the blinds white. a small can of white paint for testing won't be that cost prohibitive. just give it a go on a small area and if it doesn't work then you can always buy new blinds.

Decorating & Furniture

kevin sawyers