Decorating & Furniture/Wood Paneling

The walls in my basement are all wood paneling.(thicker wood, color)I am trying to figure out what colors would match. What color furniture? couches, entertainment center etc. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You're in luck Toni, because most any color will go with wood panelled walls.  Since it's a basement, I'd probably opt for medium to light furniture, and since you already have a lot of memdium color wood, I'd consider blonde or white-washed to enliven the space.

You could also do well with some of the more modern chrome pieces with glass.  This mixes textures and will make the basement feel a little newer and fresher.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology