Decorating & Furniture/accent colors

Question
Hi Benjamin,
I have recently purchased my firstplace. It is a condo, witha loft style set up.  This means that my kitchen & living room practically run together.  I am tring to find an accent color for the living room, but I am having a terrible time!  My kitchen is tan with accents of black.  Meanwhile, my living room furniture is tan, with dark brown wood finish & matching dark brown tables.  The accent pillows that came with the sofa are tan, with striking shades of black, brown & olive green.  I would like to hang curtains & add decorative accents, but I have NO IDEA what color would be best to tie everything together.  Please help!  Thank you.

Answer
Rachael,

Thanks for writing.

Try picking up a color from you pillows such as the olive green. This is a great contrast to all the browns. Also a good contrast to browns and blacks and creams is that pale sky blue color that we are seeing everywhere right now. And even better it is a true urban loft color!

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell