Decorating & Furniture/accessories

where should the emphasis lie when arranging accessories?

Dear Langa, What is the style of your interiors? If it is modern then you want very minimal decor. If it is contemporary than there should be a bit more decor and it should match well to the rest of the space. If it is vintage or Victorian than you can pretty much have as much as you want as long as the style of the decor goes along with it. If its eclectic than any style and any amount. If its traditional than the accessories should be very well chosen and also fit with the style. If this doesn't help can you be a little more specific? What are you accessorizing?

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book