Decorating & Furniture/arched window treatments

We are buying a 2400 sq.ft. condo with large arched windows. What do you consider when choosing window treatments for arched windows?  We have four facing west - dining room, master bedroom bay window, master bath,and guest room.  We have 2 facing north in the den on either side of fire place/mantel and 1 each in 2 bedrooms. We plan to paint walls soft neutral colors.  

I'd consider custom blinds/shades.  The west-facing windows will allow a lot of very warm light in prior to sunset, and for the fading effect alone, I'd opt for covering them.

If privacy is not an issue, you can consider sheer fabrics.  Have someone who knows what they're doing measure and install.  You'll be glad you did.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology