Decorating & Furniture/how to arrange furniture.

My living room is long and skinny.  8 ft X 18 ft.  
one long side is a huge archway into dining room and other long side is all windows.  I can't figure how to put my furniture so that I am not crowded into one half or not using on whole wall with nothing on other wall.  Looks silly.
I have a 6 ft couch, end tables, one coffee table,  a glider rocker, and a small tv stand.  Plus a hope chest bench.
Thank you

I tried rearranging it in different ways on my drafting program. It is very difficult to not have it on one side. My advise is to possibly create two areas which would mean bringing in more furniture. Maybe one side can be a seating area or a breakfast nook. Hope this helps and good luck!

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book