Decorating & Furniture/bedding

my two small boys are now sharing a room. I am changing the bedding on both of the boys beds.  Do you think the bedding should be the same because it is in the same room or do you think it shouold be different and have the same primary colors?

That depends on the age of your boys as well as their likes and dislikes.  If they're young enough that you're still making all the decisions for them about clothing and decor, then make the two the same.  

If they're old enough and expressive enough about their own choices, let them choose what they want, and keep the color pallette as close to the same as possible.  

Kids LOVE to be involved in decorating and they should be.  Allow them to be part of the decision and see what happens.  If they both like Batman or Spiderman then create a Super Hero Room filled with "all" the superheroes.  If they both like sports, use a sports theme.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology