Decorating & Furniture/my bedroom

Question
I want to paint our bedroom a color, i hate white walls it's sooo dull to me. but the delima is our bedroom is in the basement with no windows wood trim and it's 24 x 13, out decor is collectible swords, and paintings of dragons..., out bed, side tables and tv stand is dark wood. please help me find a color/colors. thank you

Answer
Kayla,

Thanks for writing.

It sounds like you have an almost Midevals theme going. True colors to that theme are usually dark such as purples and maroons.

My suggestion would be to first paint all your wood work a creamy white as well as the ceiling. As for the walls, get a few shades darker than the trim color and then choose 1 accent wall to paint a color such as the purple or maroon. With will all show off your dark furniture much better too.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell