Decorating & Furniture/bedroom

21 and want to change my small bedroom colors - I now have cotton candy pink - I wanted to go with lime green walls but now think that might be too young for me - what colors would you recommend for an adult look but not too old looking - do you think lime green and pink is for a 21 year old?

Dear Pauline, I don't think that color necessarily goes with an age. I have seen pink and lime green in many types of rooms. I would start off with finding a color that works with the rest of your decor. What other colors are in the room? I would also consider what type of mood you want your room to have. You want to have a color that makes you feel good. I have lived in an apartment with pink walls and I absolutely hated it and when I painted it sage green my life became better. I also have lived in a space with dark blue walls and it somehow made me more depressed and sleepy. The color you choose can affect your mood more than you think. Send images to if you would like me to help you pick out a color that would look best.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book