Decorating & Furniture/bedroom

Question
21 and want to change my small bedroom colors - I now have cotton candy pink - I wanted to go with lime green walls but now think that might be too young for me - what colors would you recommend for an adult look but not too old looking - do you think lime green and pink is for a 21 year old?

Answer
Dear Pauline, I don't think that color necessarily goes with an age. I have seen pink and lime green in many types of rooms. I would start off with finding a color that works with the rest of your decor. What other colors are in the room? I would also consider what type of mood you want your room to have. You want to have a color that makes you feel good. I have lived in an apartment with pink walls and I absolutely hated it and when I painted it sage green my life became better. I also have lived in a space with dark blue walls and it somehow made me more depressed and sleepy. The color you choose can affect your mood more than you think. Send images to rachelmallon@gmail.com if you would like me to help you pick out a color that would look best.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID