Decorating & Furniture/bedroom color

Dear Andrea,

I'm trying to change the color of my bedroom but I can't seem to find the right color.  I have light colored wood furniture and I want to have a dark colored comforter (browns, golds, reds).  Any suggestions?

Hi Michelle

I would suggest you go for something light but also warm and from the colours you have mentioned in your comforter, I think that something that picks up on the gold would be good.

From the range of paint by Behr, you might like to consider Lemon Souffle, Honey Tone or Pale Sunshine as I think any of them would look lovely.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit