Decorating & Furniture/beigh

hey my walls are beigh, one wall is egg shell blue ( UUUUgggglllyyy)lol.  The carpets are beigh too.

Hi again Amanda,

Let's get rid of beige walls and opt for a soothing shade of blue.  Opt for a light to medium shade of blue.  Add beige at the windows to tie in the carpet.  

If you aren't thrilled with the carpet, then check out the area rugs that are available at very reasonable prices at Home Depot and Lowe's.  You may find a rug with all the colors in it that will enhance the overall look of your room.  And yes, you can place a room sized rug over carpet.

PS  Don't worry about the railings.  If you can't paint them, consider sanding them down and making them (stained) a lighter color.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology