Decorating & Furniture/billiard room decorating

my pool table is in our garage. i also want to decorate it but have no idea. what colors should we use on the wall and or if we should put a rug or carpet underneath.

Take your color cue from the felt on the table.  It's probably a dark green or perhaps a burgandy.  Pool table rooms are usually decorated in darker shades of autumn colors; browns, nutmegs, oranges, greens, burgandies, navy.  Pick one of the colors that coordinates well with your table style and your personal favorite of those.  

As for a rug or carpet, you can use either as long as the table is level.  Just remember how heavy the table is, and if you choose to carpet or add a rug, it's there for a very long time.  You may want to consider using a wood laminate since it's in the garage, or even stain the concrete.  You can always add rugs to either concrete or wood laminate for additional color.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology