Decorating & Furniture/billiards room design help

Well I just recently picked up a pool table and almost done restoring it. the felt I used is burgundy and the table is in my garage as we haven't used it in months. now the problem is that I want to make this room in a game room but Need to keep the costs minimal. I need color suggestions for the walls, ceiling, garage doors and possibly the concrete floor. you can see the set up at .

The birch 'skirt' around the table is going to be stained the same as the rails... I'm still getting to that, also I'll be painting the legs black. everything in the room other the table is leaving. so the 3rd picture you see with the bench,fridge, and other things will be gone.

I have an old stain glass style light that I'll be handing right above the table. I'm also thinking of covering the windows with drapery. I want to put in laminate flooring but I don't have the budget for it.

I know painting the whole place will give it a great new look, I just don't know what colors I should do. so if you could give me a few pointers, an idea of where I should go that would be great.

I'd create a "chair rail" with paint, and by that, I mean to paint the bottom half of the walls in one color, the top in another.  Green is a logical choice, since you have the beautiful burgandy top, and I'd probably opt for a sagey green for the top with a rich navy for the bottom half.  Then use green (porch paint) for the floor until you can afford laminate.  

Rather than draperies, I think I'd invest in some faux wood blinds.  Home Depot and Lowe's have ready made sizes that may work for you.  Drapes and pool don't mix in my mind.  

I love the idea of a stained glass light fixture above the table too.  

Don't get too fussy with the walls either.  You'll need a rack for your cue sticks and I'd paint that black to match the legs of the table.

Keep up the good work!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology