Decorating & Furniture/black tile floors

Our house has black tile floors in the entry foyer and open kitchen/family room area. I painted the foyer a sage green-looks great. My problem is the kitchen/family room wall color. I have microfiber mocha furniture, dark cherry entertainment ctr and kitchen set. My kitchen cabinets are white.

My best suggestion is to try another shade of green for the kitchen/family room (preferably something off the same color sample that you've used in the entry.)  You can go lighter or darker, depending on the color of sage you have started with.  The other option is to use a complimentary shade of blue.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology