Decorating & Furniture/how to I block wall above a cabinet

I have turned part of my back porch into a foyer area. This area connects the main part of my house to my family room. The porch=foyer floor area which is 6 ft. x 4 ft. and family room are on a concrete slab. I have white cabinets blocking the back part of my porch. There is a six inch gap where the cabinets did not touch the wall so I have white wood covering that space. above the cabinets and the six inch gap wood piece at present I have a curtain-would like something inexpensive but dramatic there-have thought about getting cylinders and covering them with fabricn and connect them to gehter.  If I used cylinders what kind of material would I use to make lightweight cylinders. The area is approximately 66 inches by 29 inches. The walls are white with a blue border which matches my living room area.

The best thing you can use is wood molding.  It's inexpensive, can be cut to size at the home improvement store where you purchase it and easily installs with finishing nails.  

Measure the areas (twice) and take the measurements with you to the store.  Select the width molding and style that you like best and have it cut.

If you insist on "cylinders", I'd use the "pool noodles".  THey're easily cut to size and can be covered with fabric

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology