Decorating & Furniture/blonde, acorn, or chocolate furnishings for bright, colorful walls

Question
Jenny:

We've got a lot of color going on in our 1900's Victorian .... right now we're attempting to furnish our living room and lounge (two connected rooms), one is painted in ryegrass (light shade of green), the other is a burnt orange; should we be using dark wood furnishings, light wood furnishings, something in-between or some mix-n-max combination? we're going with clean lined contemporary furnishings (West Elm, Crate n/Barrel) ...

Answer
As long as you stay within the style (clean lines, contemporary) you can feel free to mix and match OR match.  Light wood furnishings will pop when placed in a room painted burnt orange, but by the same token, a great sense of warmth fills me when I think of dark wood against that same color.  It all depends on what you like best.  And once you purchase things and furniture that you love, you'll never be sorry about it.  Contemporary implies contrast, so you may want to consider dark furnishings in the pale green room and lighter in the darker room.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik