Decorating & Furniture/my blue room

I have family room with blue walls.  We put the color old blue jeans from benjamin moore on 3 walls.  The family room opens up to the kitchen.  I am having trouble picking out a color for the kitchen.  I have honey colored cabinets, ivory floors and a walnut countertop.  We took a sugggestion from a friend in the decorating field and he suggested eggplant.  I am not sure I am up for a purple kitchen considering all of my serving pieces are blue.  What should I do??  Help!!
Thank you,

Hi Julie,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  I actually have eggplant and blue chairs in my great room and they're fabulous together...BUT...I understand your concern.  It may be too much for a kitchen.  Consider perhaps a shade of golden yellow - darker rather than lighter.  It should be beautiful with your cabinetry and your blue dishes will be great with it.  

Regards, Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology