Decorating & Furniture/blue tape

My husband and I finally followed through and painted our bedroom walls a dark green.  We LOVE it however we were mortified when we pulled off the blue tape and found that the green bled underneath the tape!  What good is the blue tape?  I was all set to tape off walls of an extra bedroom and do some fun stripes but if the tape won't work how can I pull off decent looking stripes?  Thanks in advance!  

There are "generic" brands out there that do not work as well as painter's tape and you must have gotten one. It's  just like "generic" laundry detergents in orange boxes that don't work as well as Tide.  Purchase your tape at either a home improvement store or paint store.  Make sure it says painter's tape and installed properly, you won't have the bleed through problem.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology