Decorating & Furniture/bookcases

I have a small den. The walls are sage green with border of sunflowers,stars etc. sort of primitive look. In this room I have three white bookcases which cover most of three walls. I would like to paint them a dark green or a barn reddish color like the colors in the border. White is not attractive or country looking like the rest of the house. How can I country up my bookcases?

I like your idea of doing it in a barn red color. I recently helped a lady on the HGTV message boards and this is one of her images that I photoshopped.
You might want to sand some if it down similar to this bookcase. I also like the plank look in the back but that might involve more work.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book