Decorating & Furniture/changing exterior fixtures and color

Followup To
Question -
I am in the process of changing my lighting fixtures, mailbox,and numbers on the outside of my house.They are in a brass finish and I would like to change them to another finish. But what?Should I go with silver, pewter, copper, black, white,or any other finish? The color of my house is salmon with white trim and door. I would really appreciate your suggestions. I would like to change the color of the door as well.
Thank you very much for your time.
Kristine Hunt
Answer -

Before I answer your question, I would like some additional information.

What style is your house?  Do the windows have shutters?  And, are there other doors that are visible or near your front door?

I will answer as quiickly possible once I receive the above information.:)

Sincerely, Cindy

Hi Cindy,
The house is about 20 years old and is a four level split. There is a wrap around bay window in the front and there are no shutters.
The only other door that is visible is the big garage door. The garage door is white as well.
Thank you.
Sincerely, Kristine

I would recommend traditional light fixtures, mailbox and numbers in a black finish.  I would not recomend changing the color of your front door without changing the color of your garage door- it would be too much.  If you choose to change the color of the front door I would choose a traditional color, preferably a color that can be drwan from the interior of your home.  However, if you would like to draw attention to the front door you could do so through the strategic placement of a bench or some potted plants. A curved path from the sidewalk to the door would also be a nice way to draw visitors to your front door.  

In addition you could help make the garage door less conspicuous, if it has raised panels, by painting the grilles around it the salmon color.  Or you could paint the entire garage door in salmon.

I hope this was helpful,

Decorating & Furniture

Cindy Pagiatakis

I can answer questions about proper furniture placement, decorative painting, creating light ledgers and choosing the right fabric for for window treatments and furniture coverings.

Past/Present clients
My portfolio is available for viewing at