Decorating & Furniture/charcoal couch

Question
Hi, My husband and I just bought our first home and are confused about color. We have a charcoal grey micro fiber couch set that is only a year old and do not want to replace it or cover it. We want to paint the living area when we move in and could use some tips on colors that compliment this particular set. Right now it is a light blue that is pretty but I am not sure if it will look right with the set. The floors are hard wood. So, what do you suggest?

Answer
Hi Jennifer.  Thanks for writing.  Complimentary colors for charcoal grey include some members of the red family, i.e., pink, burgandy, cranberry, nutmeg, apricot; yellows such as mustard, buttercream, chiffon, and even puce. Green shades like celery and sage (as long as it isn't supere dark) are another alternative.   Another great combination is a blued tone of violet.  That's very contemporary and is even nicer when combined with a celery green.

The blue may work if it's a grey-blue shade.  Try it and see.

Lots to think about now!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik