Decorating & Furniture/cherry wood flooring

Question

Hi :)
We had wood flooring in our bedroom already but it was covered by carpet, we recetly just got rid of the carpet and sanded the wood down. My husband and i couldnt decide what stain but he went ahead and stained a small corner cherry red. What paint and color furniture and blinds do i go with  now? We like a cozy feel def not modern.. more like pottery barn!

Answer
Hi Danielle,
Cause you want a very cozy room you may look out for furniture of a similar color,something like Brazilian cherry color that would be very good and as well paint the walls in dark red. Hang some paintings on the wall and put some wooden artifacts around the room. On the bed put a dark red color cover. If you have a window in the room such that you get ample of sunlight then you may place one small table, and 2 wooden chairs over there. The size of the table chair should be depending on the size of the room.

At one corner of the room you may put a lamp shade,believe me dark red and yellow light add immense pleasure to the room.Now you may put dark cream color curtains on the wall, the light of the lamp shade when will reflect from these curtains will make the room look simply amazing.

I think with all these you will get just what you wanted. If you feel this is not of your taste or something like that then please revert back. I'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks

Sarthak

P.S: Danielle, think about "Wild Black Cherry Wood Flooring". It looks good

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria