Decorating & Furniture/choosing a color for my kitchen

Question
Hi Mr. Cottrell,
I am renovating my kitchen & I am having a hard time deciding what color to paint the walls.  The cabinets are white with a chocolate glaze, dark granite, stainless appliances and med. oak wood floors. I have a sun room off the kitchen that has black & white print furn & natural pine walls. The family room on the other side is a carmel/gold color with dark wood pieces and some black accents.  I want to do a faux paint tech called parchment so, I will need a base color & 2 top colors that blend well together.  I hope I gave you enough info to give me an idea.
Thanks for your time.

Answer
Theresa,

Hi, Thanks for writing.

I would suggest a nice olive green color for you base color and then use the chocolate from you granit and a litter cream that contrasts. This will off set the cabinets nicely and go great with the countertops and the surrounding rooms.

As always I encourage you to send pictures of your completed project tp benctt@aol.com anytime.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell