Decorating & Furniture/choosing furniture

Question
I have two rooms that are separated by a archway.  You can see  into each room.  I have in one room a stone color (creamy white) sofa and 2 matching recliners. I am having a hard time choosing furniture for the other room.  This room is about 13 x 14 feet with a fireplace in the middle.  It also has 3 doorways.  There is a large window on the south side wall and I  was thinking of putting 2 club chairs and a end table in between.  Then maybe another chair on the northeast wall.  I have on the north wall a narrow table that fits between to doorways.  My walls are a pretty tan a shade or two darker than my sofa and recliners.  My carpet is beige and my drapes are a cranberry red.  I would like to stay fairly neutral with the furniture, or at least 2 with two of  the three chairs. I was thinking of a very light cocoa color or deeper taupe for two of the chairs.  Or do you think a love seat would look better. I really appreciate your help.  I am stuck.  Thanks

Answer
You may want to consider a small sofa or oversized love seat that will "float" in the space and face the fireplace.  Coordinate that piece with the two chairs that you plan to put in the room.  Cocoa is a great selection as is taupe, and with the cranberry, this would be beautiful.  Pull the cranberry from the one room into the other by way of accessories.  That way each room has a commonality, and it will look very intentional.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik