Decorating & Furniture/choosing furniture

I have two rooms that are separated by a archway.  You can see  into each room.  I have in one room a stone color (creamy white) sofa and 2 matching recliners. I am having a hard time choosing furniture for the other room.  This room is about 13 x 14 feet with a fireplace in the middle.  It also has 3 doorways.  There is a large window on the south side wall and I  was thinking of putting 2 club chairs and a end table in between.  Then maybe another chair on the northeast wall.  I have on the north wall a narrow table that fits between to doorways.  My walls are a pretty tan a shade or two darker than my sofa and recliners.  My carpet is beige and my drapes are a cranberry red.  I would like to stay fairly neutral with the furniture, or at least 2 with two of  the three chairs. I was thinking of a very light cocoa color or deeper taupe for two of the chairs.  Or do you think a love seat would look better. I really appreciate your help.  I am stuck.  Thanks

You may want to consider a small sofa or oversized love seat that will "float" in the space and face the fireplace.  Coordinate that piece with the two chairs that you plan to put in the room.  Cocoa is a great selection as is taupe, and with the cranberry, this would be beautiful.  Pull the cranberry from the one room into the other by way of accessories.  That way each room has a commonality, and it will look very intentional.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology