Decorating & Furniture/choosing paint color for house

Question
I have a house that is brick, how do I go about choosing paint colors for the eaves, garage doors and front door.  Thanks.

Answer
Sandra,

Great question!  Here's a couple of thoughts to get you started.  If you have more specific color choices that you'd like me to review, write back.  

The first step is selecting your favorite color and then deciding whether it is a "cool" or "warm" tone in the color palette.  (Cools are greens, blues etc., warms are reds, yellows etc.)    

You can mix a warm color (like a reddish shade of brick) with a cool color with great results (like a sage green for eaves).  You can always use white/off-white or a neutral color like sand, taupe or camel.  

My best suggestion is this.  Consider the trim around windows and doors as white or off-white in color, then select another color for the eaves and garage door.  If you want your front door to be prominent, then use a bold color there as well as on your shutters (if you have them).  

Hope this helps you.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik