Decorating & Furniture/choosing a paint color

Question
I have a one bedroom condo.  The living room, dining room and kitchen are sunken from the front hall (with 16ft. ceilings), so it' s large open space with a lot of light.  My couch is  forest green, accents are mostly maroon, carpet is just slightly off white, coffee and end tables are glass with metal and there's some medium shade wood (I'm not good at this so pardon my descriptors).  I'm looking to paint this attached open area.  I'm attrached to the french country and tuscan styles.  I'm open to painting a couple colors or having a striking accent wall or two.  Any wall color feedback would be appreciated.

Answer
Judy, I'd have to consider a mellow earthy shade of yellow for the walls for a tuscan feel, but you may prefer a more dramatic look and lean toward the maroon shade for the walls.  If you opt for that, it doesn't have to be necessarily as dark as the maroon in your furnishings - just a derivative of that.  The other option is to combine the two (maroon and yellow) on opposing walls.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik