Decorating & Furniture/choosing wall color to match furniture and rug

I want to paint my bedroom over but am having trouble matching color palettes I like to the already existing rug and furniture.  The furniture is a mahogany and the wall to wall carpeting is a pale pink.  I really want a bright warm color that gives the feel of modern elegance.  Im interested in a color of behr paint called aurora orange, but I'm wondering if I can make a shade of orange work with the rug.  Also,  I like the idea of an accent wall but I don't know if it would be too much for a small room (14 X 14) Your opinion would be very helpful.

What you can do is alternate the wall color in vertical stripes of pink and dark pink. this will cover up for your furniture as well as the rug. otherwise If you want to keep a uniform color then u may go for aurora orange. Even it would look good.

Thanks and Regards
Sarthak Bartaria

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing