Decorating & Furniture/closet doors

Question
I have painted my bedroom Benjamin Moore Light yellow, with cloud white trim and ceiling.   My bedding set is Ralph Lauren Porcelain blue, a very crisp white and blue pattern..   I am trying to think of the closet doors.   There were bi-fold, but, the builder seemed to have miscalculated, and they sweep the clothes off, the closet is eight feet, was wondering about triple sliders or a curtain effect, but, what material and pattern for then--any hints would be a great help--the floor is blonde oak parquet--the window coverings aren't decided upon, I am considering white wood shutters with maybe panels on the sides. thank you

Answer
Thanks for your question.  First of all, decide which door style will work best for your closet.  If you opt for sliders, consider using wood.  Curtains are very old fashioned and require constant maintenance, plus they rarely look crisp and neat.  

Keep your closet doors the same color as your other wood trims, regardless of whether you go with sliders, pre-hung doors or bi-folds that fit.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik