Decorating & Furniture/color clueless

Question
Hi, I'm just moving into a townhome and I would love to paint the walls. I don't have any furniture yet, but I will probably end up getting something neutral. My carpet is grey and I have black and white tile which is visible from the living area. What color should I paint the walls that will end up matching everything in the end?  

Answer
Kristin,

Thanks for writing.

If you are getting neutral furniture, then you are going to want to get a color on those walls. Try anything you like...red olive greens, and mustard yellow tones come to mind for a rich feel. for a more contemporary look, try a pale slate blue or pale sky blue. With the grey carpet stay away from creams, greys, and browns.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell