Decorating & Furniture/color conflict

Question
My floors are tiled with a mix of tan colors from the cool tones rather than the warm tones.  My chairs have golds and burgandy colors.  My couches are in the burgandy family.
The entry is quite large and steps down into the living and dining area with high ceilings. Would it be better to match the cool tones on the tiles if I pick three colors of tans to paint with, or should I go for the golds/buttery yellows and ignore the tile color?  I already have some accent walls painted green on the cool color spectrum and don't want any more green.

Answer
If you are not planning to change out the tile than I would pick colors from the tile. I might also only choose two colors from the tile instead of three to give it cleaner look. Having the paint go with the tiles is going to let you change out your furniture if needed without repainting. Hope this helps and good luck!

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID