Decorating & Furniture/the color green

My wife and I painted a bedroom green, sage color on the darker shade side (I picked the color in this room).  Apparently, I really like green, because the curtains in the room are plaid, light shades of green (apple green, lime green, and a darker green).  Is this just too weird.  There isn't much furniture in the bedroom.  Should we, or do we need to, change the curtains?

As long as the curtains don't clash with the wall color, they're fine.  Try adding a splash of red to the room with either a throw pillow or some accessories.  Red (and you can use any shade of red from lilac to blood red to terra cotta orangey red) is the color opposite of green and makes for a great statement in a room when paired together.

My best,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology