Decorating & Furniture/color in an open floor plan

Question
I will try to make this as quick as possible.

I have an open floor plan between the dining room and living room and you can see into my kitchen from these rooms also.  My cabinets are pickled maple. Kitchen floor is tile with terracotta and white.  Dining room and living room is natural white oak.  Counter tops are white appliances are white Living room furniture is light tan leather.

I have painted my kitchen and dining room a dark terra cotta and I love it but I want my living room a lighter color.  I have a break to paint the living room.  I am thinking either a lighter terra cotta color or a light sage green or light celedon.  Too much?

I am trying to go for the island plantation style look.

Thanks for any help you can give me.  

Answer
Either color will work in the space, so decide how "different" you want the spaces to look.  In other words, using a lighter color of the dark terra cotta will delineate the space but not be much of a "change".  Using the green will create a starker contrast -- not bad -- justs different.

If you opt for the green, make sure the paint color has the same intensity (strength of color) as the terra cotta.  

Jenny

PS:  One way to be sure you're getting the same intensity of color is to compare the paint chips.  If your terra cotta is the next to the last sample on the swatch, find a green that's next to the last sample on that swatch.  Obviously, this only works when comparing the same brand of paint for both colors.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik