Decorating & Furniture/What color paint

Question
I have just bought brown leather furniture for my living room and am wondering what color I should paint my walls.  I want to go with a dark color, I want to have that cozy feeling when you walk in the room, right now it's a pale shell color and I hate it.  I want the room to make you fell like you just want to curl up on the couch with a blanket.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
valerie

Answer
If you want a warm cozy feeling, use a warm color for the walls.  Choose the color depending on your personal preference, but look to tones of red, browns, yellow/golds.  If you'd like a monochromatic look (all one color) opt for a paler shade of brown than the furniture and keep your wall trim a crisp white.  That's a warm and sophisticated look.  If you want more contrast, consider the golden shades (don't go too yellow) and if you want something really eye catching, consider a medium shade of cranberry and then add camel brown as your third color.  

Other great combinations for brown include celery greens and icy blues, but these are cooler colors.  

Add a throw to your couch for that moment when someone walks in and wants to curl up!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik