Decorating & Furniture/color of paint for small room

Question
Our bedroom is very small.  In order to make it look larger, what color of paint should I use on the walls?  Thanks for your help.

Answer
Laura,

I would stay away from really bright and bold colors such red and really dark colors such as greys and browns. Try using pasel colors or for a neutral look try taupe or cream. I trick is more in what you put into the room than the color on the walls though. So don't stick a lot of nick-knacks and clutter in the space. Keep furniture sizable, just not a lot of it and try simple straight panel window treatments such as silk stripped and straight panels on each side of the window placed on a rod 12" above the window that drops to the floor.

Also stick to one color on the walls and use the same color on the walls on you ceiling.

Good luck. I love decorating small spaces!

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell