Decorating & Furniture/what color should I paint my walls

I'm 32 and female moving into a small apartments 950 sq feet. The carpet
is beige. I want my place to look modern and up to date. I would also like to
use bold colors on the walls if possible. What bold color would look good with
beige carpet? Then what color sofa do you suggest?

Hi Lindsay,

You have a Beige color carpet and you want a modern look, cool..!! Go for a Maroon wall and maroon furniture. Add a few bright paintings on the wall. On the corners of the wall add lampshades that hang on to the wall. Use wooden artifacts across the room. You may also try modern painting on the wall. It would be difficult to explain that to you like this but try and analyze this. Your wall would be covered in wavy patterns of a mix of blue and dark blue, that would look amazingly cool. I have attached a pic for the same, its in a color which you may not find very attractive but think of it in blue.

Or if not that then you may think of bricked walls in red color(ones that look like made up of only bricks). That will also look very good. with this kinda wall you may use wooden furniture and hang a couple of lights to give your room a cozy look.

Go through these ideas, if you are not comfortable with them than let me know, we can think about something else.

Hope you like them..!!!

Take Care,

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing