Decorating & Furniture/What color to paint my walls to match my furniture

Question
I have dark blue couch and two chairs. I'm not sure what colors I
should use to paint the walls. I would love to do a dark brown with
a lighter brown/taupe for the baseboards etc. ? not sure how that
would look.

Answer
Hello Karmin,
Dark blue would look fantastic against a taupe/grey!  Keep the walls pale and highlight the blue.  Adding various pillows to the couch and sofas will also tie in the new wall color.

The baseboards...if they're white, keep them white!  White is beautifully crisp and looks wonderful against color.  If you select the taupe/grey, the white adds sophistication and you can bring in a bit of white in the accessories.

The brown colors can be added with various woods and accessories.  I don't know if you have wood furniture in the room, but if so use them to their maximum effect with the opportunity to "Contrast" light and dark.  You've already started by selecting a pale wall color, now just add the accessories!

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID