Decorating & Furniture/color problems

Question
have forest green carpet in my bedroom, a solid light sterling lilac colored bedspread that I love and I have no idea what to paint the walls!  The bedroom isn't very big and doesn't get a lot of natural light so I don't want to make it any darker than it is.  I tried a light green color and it came out a horrible light mint green color.  I need to change the wall color quick to something pretty and feminine but isn't garish or overwhelming.  Can you help?  

Answer
Dear Amy,
   Since you already have dominate colors going on in your space then I would use a subtle neutral color that will blend nicely with your bedding and carpet. Here is a room I have designed with your colors and ideas in mind.
http://rmdecor.tripod.com/lilac.htm

You can buy this paint color from Home Depot.
Since you want to make it more feminine then I would add floral pattern with the lilac color for pillows. This color for the wall is beautiful with the green so when you want to change the lilac it becomes alot easier to coordinate. If you have any wood I would stain it either dark or paint it a light beigey color. Hope this helps, if you would like to see something different then please email me pictures and more information.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID