Decorating & Furniture/What color sofa and area rug

Question
I'm am moving into a brand new loft style apartment that has dark maroon stained concrete floors.  The ceilings are 10 ft high with exposed duct work, but they are painted white.  The walls in the living room are exposed red brick for two of the walls (with several long vertical windows), with the other wall painted white.  I'm wondering what color scheme would look best for an area rug, sofa and chair.  For accents type things would black cast irons things look better or should I go with more silver and pewter.

Thanks

Answer
Thanks for writing.  If you're planning to leave the white walls, you're probably going to be better off with accents in silver and pewter, although you could use black.  The black accents will be a stark contrast to the white, even though the space is grounded with the deep stained floors.

If you opt to paint the walls a darker color, then you could use either silver/pewter OR black.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik