Decorating & Furniture/what color to use

i have a home that was built out of old chicago antique brick(multi-color mainly beiges). i guess it is what is called a ranch style house. single story and a black roof with only eaves and doors to paint. it is now painted a light to medium grey. i want to change the color. help me out cause i am color and decorating ignorant. thanks craig  

Thanks for writing and for your question.  Since you will be painting only the eaves and doors, you might consider using a taupe shade.  Take a look at Glidden's Toasty Grey.  It will go well with beige, is enhanced when black is in the mix and is a great neutral.  I'd also suggest that you consider painting (only) your front door in a vibrant shade - cranberry or pumpkin.  It will enhance the exterior appearance and draw attention to the doorway.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology