Decorating & Furniture/color on walls vs blah couches

Question
I have a taupe (grey) leather sofa and loveseat, which I cannot afford to replace.  My walls are white, my curtains are cream, my carpet is tan.  I need color.  I am leaning towards a red or maybe blueish green, but everything seems to make the couch go grey and not match.  Am I just missing the right reds or blues.  Oh and it is a small room.  I can paint, dye curtains, buy pillows and/or an area rug to add color.  Can you make some suggestions please.

Answer
If you want a reddish color, consider either a cranberry (very red with lots of blue in it) or go the opposite direction and think "nutmeg" (like the spice).  That's a more brownish red.  

My original thought when reading your question was to suggest a chocolate latte brown for the walls, with icy aqua blue accessories (throw pillows etc.).

Hope this helps you.
Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik