Decorating & Furniture/color

I like my rooms to be bright, my walls are white right now, but I would like to add color. I have mostly yellow and apricot colored furniture, some dark green. can you suggest what color I should paint the walls?

Thanks for writing.  You might consider Glidden's "Chiffon" (a warm, buttery shade) or go for a sage green.  Either color will work well with your furnishings and you'll be so pleased at the subtle yet remarkable change from white!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology