Decorating & Furniture/colors

I bought a new leather couch ,chair and ottoman
the color is called whiskey a sort of rusty-cinnamon color my carpet taupe and walls are cream .I put oak wood blinds in my 2 windows
now it looks like to much rust color what color
drapes would cut the rust down yet still harmonize.Also my carpet is a very low pile and very dense so I would like to put a area rug down
to add some color do you have any suggestions?
Thank you. the room is 23 by 15 feet with a brick fireplace on one narrow end and a staircase on the other end I have 2 windows 36 in wide by 54 in. long both on 1 wall about 4 feet apart.the other long wall butts up to my kitchen with a 6 foot entry into my dining room.

Please go to this link to see a design of your living space.

Dear Cindy,
  I have chosen a dark teal color for your drapery because I think it is a beautiful contrast to your red tones in the room. I would go with a contemporary rug that has a somewhat of a traditional look to go with the leather. I would choose one that has greens and teals and maybe a little bit of red in it. Hope this information and image will help. You can send images to for a further analysis. Good Luck.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book