Decorating & Furniture/colors

Question

My house is straight thru with a living room and kitch/dining room. ( 2 Rooms). you can see the dining area of my kitchen from the living room, but not the kitchen area. The kitchen area has med maple color wood cabinets with an med orange counter top and back splash. The walls are all off white thru out the first floor. I am leaning toward sky blue's colors to go with this retro orange. What color fabric would be good for the furnature in the living room? This room is small with a large bay window.  

Answer
Kathy,

Thanks for writing.

If you aare going to paint sky blue (which is a very popular contemporary color right now) try a pale sky blue so it is not so bright and stark looking.

As far as furniture, try brown and cream tones. Brown leather and fabric with geometric shapes with browns and blues look great with the pale blue walls.

Good luck

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell