Decorating & Furniture/colors

I have a pumpkin butter color paint in my living room. I like to know what color should I paint the entrance room and the  hallway?

You can use virtually any warm tone from shades of red (burgandy, cranberry, eggplant) to shades of yellows/golds as a complement.  If your taste runs more toward cool tones, consider a shade of green like moss, sage or celery.  

The one cautionary thing is that you need to use the same "shade" of the new color as the pumpkin butter shade; i.e., if it's medium to dark, then use medium to dark for the new color; if it's pastel, then make the new color for the entrance and hallway pastel.  Don't mix pastels with bold colors.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology