Decorating & Furniture/colors in my livingroom

I have a small (14' x 14') livingroom with a south exposure window so I have a "fair" amount of light. I'd like to decorate this room with the colors of taupe, green and burgandy but I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to make all those colors work well together.

My sofa and chair colors are mid to light taupe in a transitional style (Vail by Flexsteel) but I'm really more of a traditional gal.

I am contemplating faux painting the walls using the colors (Sherwin Williams) of Artichoke, Clary Sage and possibly Liveable Green. My problem is this -I would love to make my window treatment in the burgandy color BUT eek -will that be too bold next to the green walls? AND am I using the right color green to put burgandy with?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Dear Carolyn,

Your instincts are right, pairing burgandy with green,even a muted green, in your small living room would be too much. You did not mention what typoe of faux finish you plan on using but I would definately recomend curtains that are any one of the colors you will be using on your walls.  Also, have a couple of throw pillows made (same color as your curtains).  And since you like burgandy you can also have a pair of burgandy pillows made.  And then burgandy can be used in your accessories ie a burgandy vase with fresh flowers, a burgandy bowl, and so on and so on.
Good luck with your decorating,

Decorating & Furniture

Cindy Pagiatakis

I can answer questions about proper furniture placement, decorative painting, creating light ledgers and choosing the right fabric for for window treatments and furniture coverings.

Past/Present clients
My portfolio is available for viewing at