Decorating & Furniture/colors that go together

Hi, I need your help. I have a blue wall to wall LR carpet, kind of a dark sky blue. I found a light brown to medium brown living room set that I love but I can't decide if the two colors go together. And my husband said NO to new carpet. Do they work together? We have brown wood end tables and stereo speakers.

It will work together.  One of the newest color trends is aquamarine blue and dark brown.  Add a creamy white to the mix too.  It will help pull it all together.  You may even consider adding an area rug that will cover "some" but not all of the blue carpeting.  If so, select something that has the blue, the brown and the creamy white in it.  Accessorize with blues and taupes and you'll be very pleased with the result.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology