Decorating & Furniture/colour co-ordination/lack of??!?!?

We are decorating our bedroom the wallpaper is bright orange and the carpet will be beige.  My husband wants a brown and beige duvet?!?!What colour duvet would you suggest?
The furniture, drawers and wardrobes are beech with silver handles.

Wow.  It sounds like you like color -- that's excellent!  Brown and beige are both colors that will work well with orange, and you could certainly use those color for your bed linens.  I'd probably opt for a brown duvet with beige as an accent color.  I'd also incorporate some more orange in the space -- perhaps in the form of a pillow or two for the bed.  

The brown will "ground" the room; the orange gives it a punch and the beige (and your beech furniture) give contrast.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology