Decorating & Furniture/colour coordinating

My house is not open concept, but it does have a large entry from the kitchen to the living room.  I recently painted the kitchen "yukon gold" and now I don't know what to colour to paint the living room.  Although I really love the gold in the kitchen, I don't know if I should continue it to the living room or go another colour.

If you don't want to use the exact same color as the kitchen, choose another color from that color sample.  You can move up or down on that sample (lighter or darker) and be assured that it is the same color family.  If you want to go color opposite, use a soft blue.  Golds and yellows are neutrals and will coordinate with most any color including reds, greens and browns.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology