Decorating & Furniture/colours and room size

I'm looking to redecorate a relatively small room, which i use as a home office.
It measures about 8'x10' and has a ceiling only 8'6" high.  It has a wooden floor (oak) which I plan to keep, so any work would be done on painting walls and/or ceiling.
What would be the best combination of colours to make it feel a bit bigger? (light walls/dark ceiling, light walls/light ceiling, etc.).
Thanks in advance for any advice

Make the walls darker.  Don't go "super dark", but stay in the medium to dark range of your favorite color.  If you want something manly, choose a navy blue in a satin finish, paint the ceiling a pale blue and keep all the trim white.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology